[ISN] RSA warns SecurID customers after company is hacked

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 01:43:35 -0600 (CST)
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9214757/RSA_warns_SecurID_customers_after_company_is_hacked

By Robert McMillan
IDG News Service
March 17, 2011

EMC's RSA Security division says the security of the company's
two-factor SecurID tokens could be at risk following a sophisticated
cyber-attack on the company.

In a note published on the company's website late Thursday, RSA
Executive Chairman Art Coviello said his company is "actively
communicating this situation to RSA customers and providing immediate
steps for them to take to strengthen their SecurID implementations."

"While at this time we are confident that the information extracted does
not enable a successful direct attack on any of our RSA SecurID
customers, this information could potentially be used to reduce the
effectiveness of a current two-factor authentication implementation as
part of a broader attack," Coviello said.

Coviello's note offered few details on what happened, but it has offered
some guidance for customers.

[...]

Tegatai Managed Colocation: Four Provider Blended
Tier-1 Bandwidth, Fortinet Universal Threat Management,
Natural Disaster Avoidance, Always-On Power Delivery
Network, Cisco Switches, SAS 70 Type II Datacenter.
Find peace of mind, Defend your Critical Infrastructure.
http://www.tegataiphoenix.com/