[ISN] (Slightly Off-Topic) The Greatest Pre-Launch Start-Up Pitch Ever?

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 01:09:04 -0600 (CST)
This is slighty off-topic for InfoSec News, but I've started paying
attention to the venture capital security space for possible inclusion
in the next version of ISN.

BUT... if you're an angel or venture capitalist and would like to hear a
couple of interesting security and networking ideas, please drop me a
line at wk (at) infosecnews [Dot] org and I'll be happy to put you in
touch with those parties.

So I've watched this YouTube video below about three times, and I was
convinced this was one of the best social engineering stunts ever caught
on video, til I started 'lightly' researching 'Rachel Sequoia' and found
the article below, now I'm not so sure, I think she's serious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyrFWbGiGOc

Enjoy!

William Knowles
@ InfoSecNews.org

-==-

http://networkeffect.allthingsd.com/20110325/viral-video-the-greatest-pre-launch-start-up-pitch-ever/

By Liz Gannes
NetworkEffect
AllThingsD
March 25, 2011

It’s start-up demo season in Silicon Valley (not that pitching start-ups
ever goes out of season in California). And here is a video of the
Silicon Valley start-up pitch in its most ultimate form. I have watched
this at least four times tonight.

Let’s not give away too much of the big idea, but every good pitch
needs…Stories of personal relevance! Mumbo-jumbo about a big market! A
plan to spend and make money! Boasts of differentiated technology! A
check-in app!

“Share the Air” lacks none of these.

How real is this? Well, presenter Rachel Sequoia apparently did
participate in an investor pitch session at the one (and only?) meeting
of the Venture Capital Fundraising Club of Silicon Valley in February.

[...]

Tegatai Managed Colocation: Four Provider Blended
Tier-1 Bandwidth, Fortinet Universal Threat Management,
Natural Disaster Avoidance, Always-On Power Delivery
Network, Cisco Switches, SAS 70 Type II Datacenter.
Find peace of mind, Defend your Critical Infrastructure.
http://www.tegataiphoenix.com/