[ISN] U.S. needs cyber-emergency response, lawmaker says

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 00:53:35 -0500 (CDT)
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9215715/U.S._needs_cyber_emergency_response_lawmaker_says

By Grant Gross
IDG News Service
April 11, 2011

The U.S. needs a cybersecurity emergency response capability to help
businesses under major attacks, a U.S. senator said Monday.

"Who do you call if your CIO is overwhelmed, if you're a local bank or
utility?" Senator Sheldon Whitehouse said during a forum on
cybersecurity at the University of Rhode Island (URI). "How can we
preposition defenses for our critical infrastructure, since these
attacks come at the speed of light?"

Whitehouse, a Rhode Island Democrat, didn't lay out details of a
cybersecurity emergency response unit, but he said he hopes the U.S.
Senate will pass a comprehensive cybersecurity bill this year.

Whitehouse also called for the U.S. to develop "rules of the road" for
Internet use. While unsafe cars are not allowed on highways, no one
stops unsafe computers from connecting to the Internet, he said during
the URI webcast.

[...]

Tegatai Managed Colocation: Four Provider Blended
Tier-1 Bandwidth, Fortinet Universal Threat Management,
Natural Disaster Avoidance, Always-On Power Delivery
Network, Cisco Switches, SAS 70 Type II Datacenter.
Find peace of mind, Defend your Critical Infrastructure.
http://www.tegataiphoenix.com/