[ISN] UW team wins Cyber Defense Competition

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 00:53:59 -0500 (CDT)
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2014746226_uwcyberwin12m.html

By Brittney Wong
Staff Reporter
Seattle Times
April 11, 2011

After two years of not placing, a University of Washington team took
home the first-place trophy from this year's National Collegiate Cyber
Defense Competition.

"We all jumped and yelled," said team captain Alexei Czeskis of the
team's reaction to the win. "We were a little bit shocked."

The national competition took place last weekend in San Antonio, Texas.
The UW competed against eight other teams from around the country during
the 17 hours of competition. Each group acted as a new IT department
hired by a fake pharmaceutical company, Kwikepills, and attempted to
fend off cyber attacks from professionals while maintaining company
services.

The UW team won the regional competition, the Pacific Rim Regional
Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition, in March. It was the fourth year
UW won regionals, and the third time the team battled for the national
title.

[...]

Tegatai Managed Colocation: Four Provider Blended
Tier-1 Bandwidth, Fortinet Universal Threat Management,
Natural Disaster Avoidance, Always-On Power Delivery
Network, Cisco Switches, SAS 70 Type II Datacenter.
Find peace of mind, Defend your Critical Infrastructure.
http://www.tegataiphoenix.com/