[ISN] Sophos gets on UTM bandwagon with Astaro acquisition

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 03:06:35 -0500 (CDT)
http://www.channelpro.co.uk/news/879430/sophos_gets_on_utm_bandwagon_with_astaro_acquisition.html

By Will Garside
Channel Pro
May 8, 2011

Security vendor Sophos is to acquire Astaro, manufacturer of unified
threat management appliances. The move will see the UK firm offering
more hardware and potentially move into new markets such as log
management and wireless security.

“The combination of Astaro’s comprehensive portfolio of network security
solutions alongside our endpoint, mobile, and email and web threat and
data protection capabilities will enable us to continue to deliver on
our vision of providing complete security without complexity wherever
the user and company data resides,” says Steve Munford, CEO at Sophos.

Sophos has not stated how much it is acquiring the privately-held firm,
which had $56m in billings and 30 percent year-over-year growth in 2010.
By its own reckoning, this makes Astaro the fourth largest dedicated
unified threat management (UTM) provider with more than 56,000
installations in over 60 countries.

[...]

Tegatai Managed Colocation: Four Provider Blended
Tier-1 Bandwidth, Fortinet Universal Threat Management,
Natural Disaster Avoidance, Always-On Power Delivery
Network, Cisco Switches, SAS 70 Type II Datacenter.
Find peace of mind, Defend your Critical Infrastructure.
http://www.tegataiphoenix.com/