[ISN] Hack attacks on US could spark military action

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 03:36:20 -0500 (CDT)
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/05/17/white_house_cyberspace_strategy/

By Dan Goodin in San Francisco
The Register
17th May 2011

The Obama Administration has put the world on notice that hack attacks
directed against US assets could be met with military action.

“When warranted, the United States will respond to hostile acts in
cyberspace as we would to any other threat to our country,” the White
House said in a long-expected policy, titled The International Strategy
for Cyberspace. “All states possess an inherent right to self-defense,
and we recognize that certain hostile acts conducted through cyberspace
could compel actions under the commitments we have with our military
treaty partners.

“We reserve the right to use all necessary means – diplomatic,
informational, military, and economic – as appropriate and consistent
with applicable international law, in order to defend our Nation, our
allies, our partners, and our interests.”

The administration went on to say military force would be used only
after all other options have been exhausted.

[...]

Tegatai Managed Colocation: Four Provider Blended
Tier-1 Bandwidth, Fortinet Universal Threat Management,
Natural Disaster Avoidance, Always-On Power Delivery
Network, Cisco Switches, SAS 70 Type II Datacenter.
Find peace of mind, Defend your Critical Infrastructure.
http://www.tegataiphoenix.com/