[ISN] Top Cybersecurity Official Resigns

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 01:45:07 -0500 (CDT)
http://www.nationaljournal.com/whitehouse/top-cybersecurity-official-resigns-20110518

By Marc Ambinder
National Journal
May 18, 2011

Phil Reitinger, the Department of Homeland Security’s top cyber and
computer crimes official, is resigning just days after the
administration launched its most ambitious cybersecurity initiative.

"I have decided that the time has come for me to move on from the
Department," Reitinger wrote in an e-mail to DHS employees this
afternoon. Reitinger, who, as deputy undersecretary in DHS’s National
Protection and Programs Directorate, was the department’s senior
interagency policymaker, said in an interview with National Journal that
the timing of his announcement was not meant to signal any disapproval
with the White House.

"I am fully supportive of the direction the administration is going.
Because there has been a recent spate of announcements, because I think
we’ve made a lot of progress, because I think we’ve built a good team,
now is the time for me to leave some of the execution and further
development to the team," he said.

Reitinger said he wants to spend the summer with his family -- he has
young children and he’s been working in cyber security "since they were
born."

[...]

Tegatai Managed Colocation: Four Provider Blended
Tier-1 Bandwidth, Fortinet Universal Threat Management,
Natural Disaster Avoidance, Always-On Power Delivery
Network, Cisco Switches, SAS 70 Type II Datacenter.
Find peace of mind, Defend your Critical Infrastructure.
http://www.tegataiphoenix.com/