[ISN] Hacking group LulzSec says it's calling it quits

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 00:41:16 -0700 (MST)
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-20074416-83/hacking-group-lulzsec-says-its-calling-it-quits/

By Edward Moyer
Security
CNet News
June 25, 2011

After a whirlwind run of headline-grabbing hacking exploits that
involved the likes of Sony, the CIA, the U.S. Senate, and FBI partner
Infragard, hacking group LulzSec is apparently--and suddenly--calling it
quits.

The group, which cropped up on many people's radar for the first time
just last month, sent a tweet late today with a link to a document on
Pastebin declaring that the group's run of cybermischief was coming to
an end.

"It's time to say bon voyage," the statement reads. "Our planned 50 day
cruise has expired, and we must now sail into the distance, leaving
behind--we hope--inspiration, fear, denial, happiness, approval,
disapproval, mockery, embarrassment, thoughtfulness, jealousy, hate,
even love. If anything, we hope we had a microscopic impact on someone,
somewhere. Anywhere." (You can read the complete text of the statement
below.)

The group also linked to a final cache of stolen information, which,
according to a report in the International Business Times, includes data
from AT&T and AOL, among others. Twitter user @Complex posted a link to
a screenshot purportedly from the data dump, which shows what looks like
a defaced U.S. Navy civilian-careers Web page (see below). LulzSec had
said Thursday, after leaking what it called sensitive documents from the
Arizona Department of Public Safety, that it would be "releasing more
goods" on Monday.

[...]

Tegatai Managed Colocation: Four Provider Blended
Tier-1 Bandwidth, Fortinet Universal Threat Management,
Natural Disaster Avoidance, Always-On Power Delivery
Network, Cisco Switches, SAS 70 Type II Datacenter.
Find peace of mind, Defend your Critical Infrastructure.
http://www.tegataiphoenix.com/