[ISN] Epsilon beefs up email security 92 days after data breach

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 00:24:24 -0700 (MST)
http://www.dmnews.com/epsilon-beefs-up-email-security-92-days-after-data-breach/article/206307/

By Juan Martinez
Direct Marketing News
June 29, 2011

Marketing services firm Epsilon has added new security enhancements to
its email marketing platform in collaboration with Verizon Business,
Epsilon president and CEO Bryan Kennedy told Direct Marketing News on
June 28. The new features include enhanced protection for Epsilon's
information technology (IT) infrastructure and the ability to track
malicious IP addresses.

“Epsilon has always taken security seriously and consistently surpassed
established industry standards and requirements,” Kennedy said in an
email. “This partnership demonstrates our ongoing commitment to protect
our clients and their customers from cyber attacks.”

Epsilon said it will also launch access restrictions through its IP
certification requirements in the third quarter that will allow only
white-listed IP addresses access to Epsilon's email platform.

“Certifying or white-listing IP addresses means that we require clients
to register physical points of access to the platform in advance of
their ability to utilize the platform from those locations,” Kennedy
explained. “While this is a trade-off in the kind of flexibility clients
have requested in the past, we believe it is a logical approach that
enhances security, and clients understand that.”

[...]

Tegatai Managed Colocation: Four Provider Blended
Tier-1 Bandwidth, Fortinet Universal Threat Management,
Natural Disaster Avoidance, Always-On Power Delivery
Network, Cisco Switches, SAS 70 Type II Datacenter.
Find peace of mind, Defend your Critical Infrastructure.
http://www.tegataiphoenix.com/