[ISN] Washington Post says job seeker data was breached

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 00:23:07 -0700 (MST)
http://news.cnet.com/8301-27080_3-20077388-245/washington-post-says-job-seeker-data-was-breached/

By Elinor Mills
InSecurity Complex
CNet News
July 6, 2011

About 1.27 million user IDs and e-mail addresses belonging to people
looking for employment on The Washington Post Jobs Web site were
affected by a data breach last week, the newspaper says.

"We discovered that an unauthorized third party attacked our Jobs
website and was able to obtain access to certain user IDs and e-mail
addresses. No passwords or other personal information was affected," the
company said in a notice on its site. "We are taking this incident very
seriously. We quickly identified the vulnerability and shut it down, and
are pursuing the matter with law enforcement. We sincerely apologize for
this inconvenience."

The attack happened on June 27 and June 28, the statement said, adding
that the accounts on the site remain secure.

[...]

Tegatai Managed Colocation: Four Provider Blended
Tier-1 Bandwidth, Fortinet Universal Threat Management,
Natural Disaster Avoidance, Always-On Power Delivery
Network, Cisco Switches, SAS 70 Type II Datacenter.
Find peace of mind, Defend your Critical Infrastructure.
http://www.tegataiphoenix.com/