[ISN] Anonymous releases documents it says came from ManTech

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 04:49:52 -0500 (CDT)
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9218759/Anonymous_releases_documents_it_says_came_from_ManTech

By Robert McMillan
IDG News Service
July 29, 2011

As promised, members of the Anonymous hacking movement have released
hundreds of megabytes of documents that they say were stolen from
government security contractor ManTech.

The data released on the Pirate Bay file-sharing site late Friday
contain nearly 400 megabytes of documents -- spreadsheets, résumés,
planning documents, even photographs -- that appear to have come from
the government contractor.

A ManTech representative declined to comment on the incident Friday, but
in a note posted to the company's website, ManTech did not dispute the
claim that it had been hacked. "All organizations attract cyber threats
in our highly networked world," the company said. "Our practice is
generally not to comment on reports involving security related matters.
However, given current publicity, we wish to assure our customers,
employees, shareholders and business partners that ManTech takes
seriously recent reports of a cyber threat, and we responsibly and
actively address all sources of information about threats to our
information and assets and those of our customers."

Anonymous said it was releasing the data to embarrass the government
contractor, which recently signed a five-year deal to provide managed
security services for the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation.

[...]

Attend Black Hat USA 2011, hosted at Caesars Palace in
Las Vegas, Nevada July 30-Aug 4, offering over 60 training
sessions and 9 tracks of Briefings from security industry elite.
To sign up visit: http://www.blackhat.com