[ISN] Anton Chuvakin to Gartner

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 02:56:16 -0500 (CDT)
http://blogs.csoonline.com/1623/anton_chuvakin_to_gartner

By Bill Brenner
CSO.com
2011-08-01

Infosec author and SIEM, log management, PCI DSS expert Anton Chuvakin
starts a new job with Gartner today.

Chuvakin is one of the giants of information security and has written
many an article for this site. Gartner was wise to hire him.

  From Chuvakin's blog:

As only very few of you know, I have accepted a position of Research
Director with Gartner, Inc. Tomorrow I am joining a stellar team lead by
Phil Schacter, formerly from Burton Group.

I spent two VERY successful years consulting, working with companies
like Novell, RSA, LogLogic, NitroSecurity, eGestalt, ObserveIT,
Tripwire, AlienVault, “Big MSSP”, “Big Insurance Company”, “SaaS Log
Management Company”, “IT Management Software Company”, “SMB Security
Company”, “Big Networking Equipment Company” and others. I defined,
built, deployed, and marketed security products, mostly in the area of
SIEM and log management. I helped organizations with security and PCI
DSS strategy. I advised security vendor management on compliance
strategy for their products. I have spoken at clients’ events and have
written more whitepapers than I care to admit… as well as did a lot of
other fun things!

[...]

Attend Black Hat USA 2011, hosted at Caesars Palace in
Las Vegas, Nevada July 30-Aug 4, offering over 60 training
sessions and 9 tracks of Briefings from security industry elite.
To sign up visit: http://www.blackhat.com