[ISN] Canada: Hackers 'Kill' Quebec Premier

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 01:54:24 -0500 (CDT)
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/146875

By Elad Benari
Arutz Sheva
16/08/11

Hackers who attacked the website of a prominent Canadian newspaper early
on Tuesday posted a false news item saying the Premier of the province
of Quebec had died.

According to a report by the Reuters news agency, the newspaper whose
website was attacked was the Quebec-based Le Devoir newspaper.

The fake item regarding the supposed death of Premier Jean Charest of a
heart attack remained on the newspaper’s site for more than an hour and
was repeated by Twitter users before engineers were able to delete it.

“We offer our most sincere apologies to the premier. Measures are being
taken to find the person responsible for this crime,” the newspaper said
on its website.

The newspaper has filed a complaint with police, which launched an
investigation conducted by the information technology crime unit of the
Montreal police.

[...]

Tegatai Managed Colocation: Four Provider Blended
Tier-1 Bandwidth, Fortinet Universal Threat Management,
Natural Disaster Avoidance, Always-On Power Delivery
Network, Cisco Switches, SAS 70 Type II Datacenter.
Find peace of mind, Defend your Critical Infrastructure.
http://www.tegataiphoenix.com/