[ISN] Meet the Hollywood Hackers Coming For Your Nude Pics

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 04:25:22 -0500 (CDT)
http://gawker.com/5835611/meet-the-hollywood-hackers-coming-for-your-nude-pics

By Adrian Chen
Gawker.com
Aug 29, 2011

The newest hacker gang isn't after credit card numbers or classified
NATO documents. Their game is blockbuster scripts, verified Twitter
accounts and nude cell phone snapshots. Harden your passwords,
glitterati: Hollywood Leaks will use any means necessary to bust open
the entertainment industry.

Hollywood Leaks has been quietly breaking into entertainment industry
insiders' email accounts for the last few weeks and leaking what they
find there. They cracked the email account of an actor in the upcoming
Tom Cruise musical, Rock of Ages and were surprised to find that the
film's director, Peter Shankman, had sent the script around to his cast
via email. They downloaded it, then put it on the Pirate Bay. They've
posted the cell phone numbers of about a dozen celebrities to the
hacker-friendly document sharing site Pastebin.com, including Miley
Cyrus, Lil Jon, and Ashley Greene.

I called N'Sync's Joey Fatone last Friday and got his voicemail. It was
really him. You can listen to it on your left. (Alas, Miley Cyrus' phone
number didn't work.)

Hollywood Leaks say they're an offshoot of the hacktivist collective
Anonymous, even appropriating their tag line "We never forgive, We Never
forget." Like Anonymous, they're a loose-knit band of internet
troublemakers—probably no more than five or six core members—who
organize in raucous chat rooms and promote their hacks on their Twitter
account. But where Anonymous is super seriously concerned with world
politics and the Church of Scientology, Hollywood Leaks just wants to
make celebs sweat.

[...]

Register now for the #HITB2011KUL - Asia's premier
deep-knowledge network security event now in it's 9th year!
http://conference.hitb.org/hitbsecconf2011kul/