[ISN] Citigroup CEO targeted by hackers over protest arrests

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 00:50:41 -0500 (CDT)
http://news.cnet.com/8301-27080_3-20121500-245/citigroup-ceo-targeted-by-hackers-over-protest-arrests/

By Elinor Mills
InSecurity Complex
CNet News
October 17, 2011

Hackers released personal information about the head of Citigroup today
in retaliation for the arrest of protesters during the Occupy Wall
Street demonstrations this weekend.

The data on Vikram Pandit, Citigroup's chief executive officer, includes
phone numbers, address, e-mail address, family information, and some
legal and financial information. It was released by CabinCr3w, which is
affiliated with the Anonymous online activist group that has been
involved in the monthlong protests.

"During Occupy Wall Street, protesters had made way to CitiBank to
withdraw their funds and close their accounts," CabinCr3w wrote in a
statement. "They were met with strong police presence and arrested. We
as American citizens MUST have full control over our money and
livelihood. When this is taken away from us, what else do we have? So
the CEO of CitiBank has blindly jumped into the sights of the
CabinCr3w..."

About two dozen people were arrested on criminal trespass charges in a
Citibank branch in New York on Saturday afternoon, according to The Wall
Street Journal.

[...]