[ISN] CanSecWest 2012 Mar 7-9; 2nd call for papers, closes next week, Monday. Dec. 5 2011

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 03:42:35 -0600 (CST)
Forwarded from: Dragos Ruiu <dr (at) kyx.net>

So after a dozen years or so organizing conferences, you get the urge to
pull levers and try experimenting with things. So this year I sent out
the CanSecWest CFP only over Twitter, and G+ publicly. Just curious as
to the adoption and information dispersion rate, and some estimate of
the attention these newer channels are getting.

So after this experiment I hear about people having submissions and
missing the CFP. So for my control set, here is the normal announce
message to different e-mail lists. We'll do a Second CanSecWest CFP, but
a brief one. Send us your proposal by the end of Monday next week,
December 5, 2011.

The questions and information needed is the same as usual (see website),
also for my curiosity could you include:

12. Where did you hear about the CFP from?

cheers,
--dr

--
World Emerging Security Technology