[ISN] BSNL website gets hacked again

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 03:22:15 -0600 (CST)
http://www.hindustantimes.com/technology/BusinessComputing-Updates/BSNL-website-gets-hacked-again/SP-Article1-778069.aspx

By Shayon Pal
Hindustan Times
December 05, 2011

I wonder if it is much of a surprise for us to learn that the official
website of Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has been hacked, yet
again, by the Pakistan Cyber Army.

And no, it isn’t the first time. The website had gotten hacked a couple
of months ago, too, by the same outfit, stealing all the sensitive data
like names, email addresses and phone numbers of the subscribers,
claiming that the details were safe with them and they just wanted the
government organization to better their security.

According to Telecom Talk, the hack was first spotted at 2:21 am on
December 4th, 2011, and the group comprises of five hackers by the
aliases x-c0p, nginx-adm1n, enc0der, k3rnel and sm0ky.

The website is currently loading just fine, but we think it’s high time
the telecom operator concentrated more on cyber security.