[ISN] Military lowers cyber alert level to normal

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 00:38:38 -0600 (CST)
http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/national/2011/12/28/17/0301000000AEN20111228000900315F.HTML

Yonhap News
2011/12/28

SEOUL, Dec. 28 (Yonhap) -- The military has lowered the level of its
cyber warfare readiness system to normal, about a week after raising it
a notch in the aftermath of North Korean leader Kim Jong-il's death, an
official said Wednesday.

The Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) official said the information operations
condition, or Infocon, has been lowered from Level 5 to Level 4. It was
raised last Tuesday, a day after the North announced Kim's death.

"So far, we haven't detected evidence of cyber terrorism (by North
Korea) against major Internet sites," the official said. "We have
concluded there's a low likelihood of that in the future."

In the five-stage Infocon, Level 5 is in place during peacetime, and
Level 4 indicates an increased risk of cyber attack. Only the chairman
of the JCS can alter the level of Infocon.

[...]