[ISN] VP Binay's website hacked on New Year's Day

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 00:49:56 -0600 (CST)
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/01/01/12/vp-binays-website-hacked-new-years-day

By Jojo Malig
abs-cbnNEWS.com
01/02/2012

MANILA, Philippines - Vice-President Jejomar Binay's website has been
hacked again, just a few months after the site was defaced.

The site was accessible Sunday night but instead of government
statements, visitors are welcomed by pop-up messages that say "Hacked by
PrivateX and Blackrain" and "Hoi Hoi #OpSecure."

A message on the defaced frontdoor of the Office of the Vice President's
(OVP) website claimed that the hacking was made by members of Anonymous,
a large group of online activists who attack websites of government
agencies, institutions, and high-profile organizations worldwide to
either reveal vulnerabilities or lash out at perceived wrongdoing.

Other government websites were also defaced by the group on New Year's
day.

The hacked websites that went "tango down" include: set.gov.ph,
camiguin.gov.ph, and omb.gov.ph.

"Greetings World, Happy New Year! Months had passed when we first wired
our sentiments and growing passion of concern to intensify the
Information Security here in the Philippines," the statement posted on
hacked websites said.

[...]