[ISN] Saudi hackers claim 400,000 Israeli scalps

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 02:31:32 -0600 (CST)
http://www.v3.co.uk/v3-uk/news/2134927/saudi-hackers-claim-400-israeli-scalps

By Phil Muncaster
V3.co.uk

Saudi Arabian hackers are claiming to have stolen and posted online the
personal details of more than 400,000 Israeli citizens including credit
card numbers, names and addresses and phone numbers, in an attempt to
cause widespread disruption and discredit the country's banks.

In a posting on Pastebin on Monday, a hacker known as "0xOmar" claimed
the attack had been carried out by "group-xp", which he explained was
the "largest Wahhabi hacker group of Saudi Arabia".

"We have hacked a lot of Israeli servers and extracted a lot of
information about Israeli people," the message read.

"We daily use these cards to solve our problems, purchasing VPNs, VPSes,
softwares, renting GPU clusters, renting cloud servers and much more! We
decided to give the world a new year gift, about 400,000+ Israeli people
information!!!"

The hacker claimed the attack was the first in a series that would aim
to expose the details of one million Israelis.

[...]