[ISN] Information Security M.B.A.'s Teach Business Side of Cybersecurity

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 05:22:18 -0600 (CST)
http://www.usnews.com/education/best-graduate-schools/top-business-schools/articles/2012/02/21/information-security-mbas-teach-business-side-of-cybersecurity

By Kelsey Sheehy
U.S. News & World Report
February 21, 2012

Convenience and credibility are what sold Henry Bromley III on James
Madison University's M.B.A. program.

The Virginia-based mechanical engineer, husband, and father needed a
reputable business school close to home that allowed him to balance
work, family, and grad school. The program's emphasis on information
security was little more than an interesting afterthought.

"I went in merely for the M.B.A.," Bromley says. "I wasn't so interested
in information security … little did I know it would really boost my
career."

Bromley landed a position with Booz Allen Hamilton, a government
consulting firm, before finishing his Information Security M.B.A. in
2008. Now a senior information security engineer consulting for defense
industry clients, Bromley's work is all cybersecurity, all the time, he
says.

"This is the real deal. The kind of nuts and bolts on how we can protect
our information," and what that information is worth, Bromley says. "I
feel like I've stepped into the forefront of it."

[...]

Learn how to be a Pen Tester or a CISSP with Expanding Security online. Get
a free class invitation and see how good and fun the program really is.
http://www.expandingsecurity.com/PainPill