[ISN] The 19 most maddening security questions

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 01:17:10 -0600 (CST)
http://www.infoworld.com/d/security/the-19-most-maddening-security-questions-187983

By Roger A. Grimes
InfoWorld
March 6, 2012

I've been immersed in IT security for more than two decades, and I've
learned a lot along the way. Yet for all the knowledge I've soaked up,
several questions still baffle me. Some of them pertain to end-users who
seem to fall for the same sorts of scams year after year. Others,
though, relate to security technologies and practices that organizations
continually embrace, though they don't work as well as they should -- if
at all.

The following is just a short of list the questions that nag me day to
day as I'm hunkered down in the IT security trenches.

1. How can people in this day and age readily send thousands of
    dollars to strangers for deals they already know are too good to be
    true?

2. How come people believe every fake virus warning they see, yet not
    take the slightest precautions against real viruses?

3. How come it took over a decade for DNSSEC to be approved -- and why
    are organizations not implementing it?

4. Why is it taking so long for IPv6 and its protections to be
    implemented?

[...]

Certified Ethical Hacker and CISSP training with Expanding Security gives
the best training and support.  Get a free live class invite weekly.  Best
program, best price. http://www.ExpandingSecurity.com/PainPill