[ISN] Manwin Addresses Alleged Breach of Digital Playground Site

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 03:22:03 -0600 (CST)
http://newswire.xbiz.com/view.php?id=145379

By Dan Miller
XBIZ.com
March 08, 2012

LUXEMBOURG -- Manwin, parent company of Digital Playground, has issued a
statement regarding the alleged security breach of the production
company's flagship website, DigitalPlayground.com.

"Due to an alleged security breach, Manwin elected to temporarily shut
down Digital Playground, and related websites, on March 5, 2012," the
statement read. "Manwin officially took over Digital Playground and
related assets on March 1, 2012, and according to the allegations, the
potential breach may have occurred prior to that date.

"The safeguard and non-disclosure of private and confidential
information is always a priority at our company, and management is
supervising all aspects of this situation. In addition, our customer
service department has been in contact with Digital Playground members
to inform them of the next steps.

"Customers will not be billed while the site is inactive, and have been
offered free access to a Manwin-owned property of their choice during
this time period."

[...]

Certified Ethical Hacker and CISSP training with Expanding Security gives
the best training and support.  Get a free live class invite weekly.  Best
program, best price. http://www.ExpandingSecurity.com/PainPill