[ISN] LulzSec Announces April Fool's End To Retirement

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 04:54:44 -0500 (CDT)
http://www.informationweek.com/news/security/attacks/232602962

By Mathew J. Schwartz
InformationWeek
March 21, 2012

They're back: The hacktivist group formerly known as LulzSec--whose
members announced that they were calling it quits after a 50-day hacking
spree and then continued their efforts with Anonymous and AntiSec--has
announced that it will resume its attacks.

In characteristic Anonymous fashion, the group announced its impending
return Saturday via YouTube video. "Several days ago we decided to
swiftly bring back our humble hacking group and set sail towards the
Interwebz once again, much to the dismay of corrupt governments and
corporations across the planet. It's ridiculous to believe that by
arresting the six prime members of LulzSec that you've stopped us. You
haven't stopped us, you have merely disrupted the active faction," the
video said in a computer-generated British accent.

The group announced that it would officially resume attacks on April 1,
2012. The video continued, "Lulzsec will start targeting governments,
corporations, agencies, and quite possibly the people watching this
video. We are here for the lulz, the fame, the anarchy, and the people."

The announcement was previewed one day prior via the FawkesSecurity
Twitter channel in a tweet that read, "Expect something BIG and rather
Lulzworthy very soon. CIA, FBI, Interpol, you're all on teh (sic) list."
Wednesday, meanwhile, tweets from the same Twitter channel promised that
"Anonymous will target national infrastructure" and create a "global
financial meltdown" as part of what's been dubbed "Project Mayhem."

[...]

CISSP and CEH training with Expanding Security is the fastest, easiest way
to grock the relevant data you need now.   A free class invite is in every
PainPill.  Sign up for the free weekly PainPill .  It's that easy.
http://www.expandingsecurity.com/PainPill