[ISN] Email cock-up blamed in Check Point domain expiry snafu

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 02:05:39 -0500 (CDT)
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/04/03/check_point_domain_renewal_snafu/

By John Leyden
The Register
3rd April 2012

Check Point has downplayed the significance of a domain renewal mix-up
that resulted in its home page being replaced by a holding page for a
brief period on Monday.

The problem arose because Network Solutions sent the security firm's
domain renewal notice to the wrong email address, a statement by the
firewall and VPN firm explained.

   Earlier today there was an issue accessing www.checkpoint.com – the
   site was being re-directed to another page (a Network Solutions
   page). The problem was that the Checkpoint.com domain registration
   expired. This happened due to Network Solutions, our domain host,
   sending our renewal notification to an incorrect email address at
   Check Point.

   There was no security issue whatsoever.

[...]

Please help InfoSecNews.org with a donation!
http://www.infosecnews.org/donate.html