[ISN] The Nightly Turbo: Phil Ivey Divorce Case Update, TwoPlusTwo Hacked, and More

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 03:42:12 -0500 (CDT)
http://www.pokernews.com/news/2012/04/the-nightly-turbo-phil-ivey-divorce-case-twoplustwo-hacked-12535.htm

By Brett Collson
Poker News Global
April 26 2012

[...]

TwoPlusTwo Forums Hacked

The TwoPlusTwo forums went offline on Thursday, and it had nothing to do
with the flow of traffic resulting from the Full Tilt Poker developments
this week. According to a statement posted on the website, TwoPlusTwo
was the victim of a security breach that potentially compromised the
personal information of its users:

     On April 26th at approximately 11:20 AM pacific time, the Two Plus
     Two Forums were closed as a result of a hacker who has displayed the
     ability to access e-mail addresses and encrypted passwords. He also
     indicated the ability to decrypt passwords.

     While it is unclear the extent of data to which he gained access,
     e-mail addresses and passwords on the Two Plus Two forums should be
     considered compromised. If you have used your 2+2 password on any
     other site, you are advised to change it.

     For your security we are closing the forums until the breach is
     patched.

     We hope to be back up as soon as possible.

TwoPlusTwo moderator Noah Stephens-Davidowitz (NoahSD) suggests that
users assume the worst and change their passwords on all sites that have
the same password as TwoPlusTwo.

[...]

LayerOne Security Conference
May 26-27, Clarion Hotel, Anaheim, CA