[ISN] Hosting firm suffers 'innocent' intrusion after billing system hacked

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 00:09:23 -0500 (CDT)
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/04/30/eukhost_billing_system_compromise/

By Brid-Aine Parnell
The Register
30th April 2012

Web-hosting firm eUKHost has been hacked by Pakistani hacking team
UrduHack, which appeared to have gained access to its billing system.

The company sent out an email to customers and announced on its website
over the weekend that it had spotted the intrusion within the last 24
hours.

"We can confirm that an administrator level login was compromised and an
IP address added to an allow list to allow a successful login," eUKHost
said on Saturday morning.

"We are still investigating how this compromise occurred and we can't
currently see any evidence of a database dump," the firm added.

eUKHost managing director John Strong told The Register that the hackers
had not bothered to cover their tracks by deleting logs and the company
had identified them as Pakistani group UrduHack.

[...]

LayerOne Security Conference
May 26-27, Clarion Hotel, Anaheim, CA
http://www.layerone.org