[ISN] Rwandan Hackers Show Vulnerabilities in Access Kenya Site

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 03:39:18 -0500 (CDT)
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Rwandan-Hackers-Prove-Vulnerabilities-in-Access-Kenya-Site-268499.shtml

By Eduard Kovacs
Softpedia
May 9th, 2012

A few days ago, Access Kenya, one of the country’s leading internet
solutions and data services providers, revealed the introduction of a
new, more secure, authentication system designed to protect their
customers.

After hearing the news, Rwandan hackers took a crack at the company’s
website and demonstrated that additional work still needed to be done in
the security sector.

“Internet security remains of paramount importance and for us as the
market leader in Internet Services, protecting our customers using
practical solutions remains our core business,” AccessKenya Managing
Director Kris Senanu said at the inauguration of the new email
authentication system.

Rwandan Hackers didn’t want to cause any damage to the company’s
systems. They simply wanted to prove their point.

[...]

LayerOne Security Conference
May 26-27, Clarion Hotel, Anaheim, CA
http://www.layerone.org