[ISN] Chicago Police Department computers hacked?

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 03:05:17 -0500 (CDT)
http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/2012/05/hacked.html

By SCC (retired)
Second City Cop
May 17, 2012

We've been informed about "virus warning" type windows popping up on the
Department computers lately. We're told it occurs dozens of times during
the processing of a simple arrest.

Guess what happened? And guess who predicted it?

     NATO protestors have infiltrated the CPD computers with a worm
     that is wreaking havoc across the board. 35th Street and OEMC are
     in a full panic. The entire Department Intranet is in danger of a
     meltdown on an unimaginable scale, just in time for a potential
     "mass arrest" situation this weekend that would bring the
     Department to a grinding halt.

Did you see that latest AdMin Fax that told everyone to change their
passwords if they haven't been altered in a few years and that efforts
were underway to have passwords changed every 90 days? That gaping
security risk, pointed out by SCC readers almost a year ago, is coming
home to roost. Good thing CPD trimmed the in-house I.T. people and never
spent the money/effort on a decent internet security protocol. This is
going to cost big time. And be careful with those detachable drives -
you might bring home presents for your own personal computer by
accident.

[...]

LayerOne Security Conference
May 26-27, Clarion Hotel, Anaheim, CA