[ISN] DEF CON's "Recognize Awards" - 2012 - Public Nominations

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 04:07:21 -0500 (CDT)
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DC20awards

DEF CON is taking nominations for the following categories of awards.
Voting for the actual nominated names will not be conducted here, on
Survey Monkey. Instead, we'll have active voting, on-site, during the
Recognize Awards ceremony. Audience participation is encouraged. In the
meantime, we invite you to submit your nominations for each award
category defined in this survey.

Rules for Nomination:

1) Nominations must be legitimate nominations. That's to say, they must
not simply be a joke intended to get people to think you're funny
because you lack the necessary social skills to have friend in real
life.

2) You must supply appropriate rationale for your nomination. Tell us
WHY you think this person/story/thing deserves to be "Recognized" by DEF
CON. Nominations without this information will NOT be considered.

3) These are nominations only. Voting will be conducted during the
conference. So if you're really intent on your nomination winning the
award, you should attend the Recognize Award Ceremony.

4) Nominations must be submitted no later than midnight, Las Vegas time,
on July 10th, 2012, to be considered for inclusion. Late entries will
not be considered.

5) You do not have to provide a nomination for every category.

Nominations will be reviewed by the DEF CON Awards Committee, with the
most relevant being presented for voting during the conference. The
better your case for your nominee, the more information we'll have to
make an informed decision. Be sure to include links to stories, news, or
other items that help justify your nomination!

[...]

--
Learn how to be a Pen Tester, CISSP, ISSMP, or ISSAP with Expanding Security online.
Come to a free class and see how good and fun the program really is.