[ISN] E-mail lists, encrypted passwords stolen in Battle.net hack

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 04:20:40 -0500 (CDT)
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-57490533-83/e-mail-lists-encrypted-passwords-stolen-in-battle.net-hack/

By Steven Musil
CNET News
August 9, 2012

Game maker Blizzard Entertainment's internal network security has been
breached, the company informed customers today.

While the company behind World of Warcraft and Diablo believes no
sensitive financial information was compromised, it said e-mail
addresses for non-China Battle.net players and scrambled passwords were
stolen, Blizzard President Michael Morhaime said in a company blog post:

     This week, our security team found an unauthorized and illegal
     access into our internal network here at Blizzard. We quickly took
     steps to close off this access and began working with law
     enforcement and security experts to investigate what happened.

     At this time, we've found no evidence that financial information
     such as credit cards, billing addresses, or real names were
     compromised. Our investigation is ongoing, but so far nothing
     suggests that these pieces of information have been accessed.

[...]