[ISN] Gov Aliyu˘s e-mail account hacked

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 02:45:31 -0500 (CDT)
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/news/174175-gov-aliyus-e-mail-account-hacked

By Aliyu M. Hamagam
Daily Trust

Niger State governor, Dr. Mu’azu Babangida Aliyu, has raised an alarm
over his e-mail account which he said has been hacked.

A statement by his spokesman Danladi Ndayeba yesterday said Aliyu’s
e-mail account has apparently been hacked by unknown persons who used to
send massages to many of his contacts soliciting assistance from them.

The massage by the hackers to governor Aliyu’s contacts had the subject:
“Urgent Assistance” and reads:”I didn’t tell you about our travel to
Spain for short vocation, but unfortunately we were robbed at the hotel
where we lodged along with other folks. We didn’t bring our phones here
and the hotel telephone lines were disconnected during the incident, so
I have access to only e-mail.

“Please I’m going to need some sort of loan from you for us to relocate
to another hotel close to the embassy and also to get us another flight
ticket......Please, let me know if you can help us out. I’m looking
forward to hearing from you”.

[...]