[ISN] Vote For Dave Lewis For ISC2 Board of Directors!

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 04:17:57 -0500 (CDT)
http://www.liquidmatrix.org/blog/vote-for-dave/

Sign Dave's Petition for the ISC2 Board Election!

That's right, I'm starting my campaign for the ISC2 Board of Directors
in a bid to make a difference by doing something about it! I would like
to add new blood to the board in a bid to bring fresh ideas to help grow
the organization to the betterment of the members!

I greatly appreciate your support and please tell your friends!

I need 500 valid signatures by September 17, 2012

The fine print: You need to register with the email address that is on
file with ISC2. This is very important.

Help put a Canadian on the ISC2 board. Thanks!

Vote For Dave Lewis For ISC2 Board of Directors! So, why am I doing
this? Simple really. An email went out Aug 21 from ISC2 that announced a
few of the people who were seeking election to the ISC2 board. I
realized that this was my chance to make a change. It’s time for me to
do something about it rather than to sit idly by on the sidelines.

If I’m chosen for the Board of Directors here is what I’m aiming to
accomplish,

     I want to work to restore the CISSP exam and it’s place in the
     community as something to be respected

     I want to help bring the ISC2 into the wider acceptance in the
     community and help make it a force for positive change

     I want to ensure that the ISC2 is representative and
     accountable to it’s membership

So, a little about me. I have over 15 years industry experience in IT
security architecture, operations and management. Currently, I work in
information security for Advanced Micro Devices. I’m also the founder of
Liquidmatrix Security Digest.

Prior to my current role, I worked in the finance, healthcare,
entertainment and critical infrastructure verticals. I have worked for a
defense contractor as a security consultant to clients such as the FBI,
US Navy, Social Security Administration, US Postal Service and the US
Department of Defense to name a few.

In addition to my volunteer work with Defcon and Sector I have my
fingers in many pies trying to do my part. I’m currently working with
other members of Liquidmatrix to launch an open Canadian CERT.

When I’m not working 27 hours a day I can be found spending time with my
family, playing bass guitar and polishing my “brick of enlightenment”.

Please spread the word and thank you for your support!