[ISN] WSI reassigns Y-12 security director after test questions found in patrol vehicle

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 04:15:16 -0500 (CDT)
http://oakridgetoday.com/2012/09/06/wsi-re-assigns-y-12-security-director-after-test-questions-found-in-patrol-vehicle/

By John Huotari
Oak Ridge Today
September 6, 2012

The new director of the protective force at the Y-12 National Security
Complex has been reassigned after a federal inspector allegedly found
papers in a patrol vehicle that included answers to a test scheduled to
be given to guards as part of an investigation following an
unprecedented July 28 security breach.

A U.S. Department of Energy official said the stack of papers found last
week also included a copy of a test designed to quiz a random sample of
a few dozen guards on policies and procedures, as well as a “post check”
interview sheet. The “post checks” question security officers on
procedures and performance tests, such as deploying gas masks. The
papers were not supposed to be shared, said the DOE official, speaking
on background.

“That’s clearly something that we’ve never seen before,” said Bill
Eckroade, principal deputy chief for mission support operations in DOE’s
Office of Health, Safety and Security, or HSS.  “It gave us great
concern.

“They were in a place that was unexpected and undesirable. They may have
been used inappropriately.”

[...]

--
#HITB2012KUL - The 10TH ANNUAL HITB Security Conference in Malaysia
with no keynotes, no labs - just three tracks filled with our most