[ISN] Hackers, Angered by "Sacrilegious Movie, " Target Bank of America and NYSE

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 02:10:22 -0500 (CDT)
http://gizmodo.com/5944398/hackers-angered-by-sacrilegious-movie-target-bank-of-america-website-and-nyse

By Molly Oswaks
Gizmodo
Sep 18, 2012

A group of hackers calling themselves Izz ad-din Al qassam have claimed
responsibility for taking down Bank of America's website today about
10am EST.

Their reason for action? Displeasure with an anti-Islam film—which,
though they never directly mention it by name, it seems safe to assume
is the inflammatory headline-grabber Innocence of Muslims.

In a post published to Pastebin today by QassamCyberFighters, the group
warned: "We, Cyber fighters of Izz ad-din Al qassam will attack the Bank
of America and New York Stock Exchange for the first step. These Targets
are properties of American-Zionist Capitalists. This attack will be
started today at 2 pm. GMT. This attack will continue till the Erasing
of that nasty movie. Beware this attack can vary in type."

Below is the full text of the letter (emphasis added):

[...]

--
#HITB2012KUL - The 10TH ANNUAL HITB Security Conference in Malaysia
with no keynotes, no labs - just three tracks filled with our most