[ISN] Israel developing 'digital Iron Dome' to guard against cyberterrorism

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 05:40:58 -0500 (CDT)
http://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-developing-digital-iron-dome-to-guard-against-cyber-terrorism/

By Asher Zeiger
The Times of Israel
October 14, 2012,

Israel’s National Cyber Committee is developing a “digital Iron Dome”
system to protect Israel against daily cyber-attacks, Prime Minister
Benjamin Netanyahu told his cabinet on Sunday.

Israel has of late made fighting cyberterrorism a priority, creating the
cyber task force and pouring resources into stopping Internet attacks
from regional rivals and small-time hackers.

“Every day, many attempts are made to infiltrate Israel’s computer
systems,” the prime minister warned. “Just as we have the Iron Dome
against missiles and the security fence against infiltrators and
terrorism, we will have a similar protection against cyber-attacks.”

However, the prime minister added that “as with the construction of the
security fence, this will take time to complete.”

[...]

--
CISSP and CEH Live OnLine training with ExpandingSecurity.com is the fastest,
easiest way to master the relevant data you need now.  Sign up for the free