[ISN] BayThreat - December 7th - 8th 2012 - Call For Papers

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 00:48:28 -0500 (CDT)
http://www.baythreat.org/cfp.html

Call For Abstracts

The Call for Papers for the 3rd BayThreat security conference is open!

BayThreat is a 2 day event in Sunnyvale, CA, December 7th and 8th. The
theme for BayThreat is a new spin on the dichotomy of attacking and
defending in information security. We're calling out all of the
attackers and defenders that are on the front lines of the battle. We'll
analyse the latest attack strategies, both real and red team, and then
switch sides to hear from the first responders living on the wrong side
of the DMZ.

This year we are seeking security first responders willing to share some
of their war stories. What worked? What didn't? What have you had to put
up with / been put through? Is it getting any better? Is it getting any
worse? Maybe you just have a great story - we'd like to hear about it
and see if it fits!

Previous conference topics have included:

     Mobile Security
     Internet Infrastructure
     Hardware
     Incident Response
     Lockpicking
     Botnets and Malware
     Game Hacking
     Social Engineering
     Attacks, Persistance, Exfiltration

Do you have a war story from the front lines? We would love to hear it!
We're accepting abstracts now. Talks will be chosen based on the normal
qualities... coolness, timeliness, preparedness. Most importantly,
however, all of the talks must be ACTIONABLE. Speakers must strive to
educate the audience, and then provide take-home advice that leads to
the participants actually DOING something.

As we expect most of the presenters will be local, travel will not be
compensated, but we are happy to make recommendations. Sunnyvale has
close and affordable lodging, and is steps from the Caltrain Station.

We look forward to reading about what you've been working on!

-Marisa Fagan (Speaker Coordinator)

Submission Form

Send your submission via email to baythreat (at) gmail.com before November
10th. Good early submissions will be accepted as they come in; we will close
early if we fill the slots.

Name:
Contact info:
Topic Background:
Title:
Synopsis:
Shirt Size:

--
CISSP and CEH Live OnLine training with ExpandingSecurity.com is the fastest,
easiest way to master the relevant data you need now.  Sign up for the free