Re: [IWAR] CIA repression manuals declassified

From: Nick Haflinger (shockwave_riderat_private)
Date: Sun Jun 28 1998 - 16:07:03 PDT

    With all the recent problems at CAQ, most important of those being the
    senior editorial staff leaving because the publisher had an agenda
    that included publication of anti-US propaganda (which would have no
    confirmation, being propaganda), this is probably bullshit.  Some of
    the manual quoted by the author is old old old, and even made its way
    into print and on the net before, translated from Spanish.  Other
    parts of the 'manual' are clearly fabrication.  If this was anything
    close to real, there would be jpgs of the actual manual.

    >From: Mark Hedges <hedgesat_private>
    >Subject: [IWAR] CIA repression manuals declassified
    >
    >Wait, I thought we lived in a democracy which celebrated the right of
    the
    >people to choose their leaders and the direction their own lives.
    Didn't we
    >invade all those third-world countries in the name of Liberty and
    >Democracy? Weren't we the good guys? Oh. Maybe not. Well, maybe someone
    can
    >refute the story below. Independent confirmation is always the mark of
    good
    >journalism.
    >
    >Did you know the National ID is coming for us here in the USA? No,
    neither
    >does anyone else. It's being ram-rodded by the Department of
    Transportation
    >before anyone can act. Financial transactions, travel, medical care,
    and
    >basic societal interactions will be denied to anyone without a national
    ID
    >under the recently proposed rules. From the CIA manuals below: "ID
    Cards
    >[are] fundamental to the program for controlling the population and
    >resources." And gosh, dear Director Tenet and Freeh and Reno and
    Clinton