Re: [IWAR] OPINION TAILWIND/CNN, MEDIA, POLITICAL PROCESS

From: Helen Stewart (hjsmagicat_private)
Date: Fri Jul 03 1998 - 09:36:34 PDT

    What's needed is education in all levels of academia on what propaganda
    really is.  On why and how it evolved.  I just read an old book 1968,
    "Propaganda:  The Formation of Men's Attitudes" by Jacques Ellul, it's an
    excellent book going through the evolutionary process of propaganda.  A
    great reminder how most of the public depends on following media for
    defining survival and lifestyles, instead using critical filtering and
    thinking skills to understand what objective evidence is really presented
    for determining judgements over opinions.

    In this information age, it's time to start integrating this type of
    education into all levels of schooling (including grammer schools).   We
    could be loosing in a collective sense, when determining if our Nation is
    using critical thinking skills.   We might find that we have been all been
    taken over and consumed in memetic-mush.   This is just my OPINION.

    -Helen Stewart