[risks] Risks Digest 21.62

Date: Sat Aug 25 2001 - 14:24:49 PDT

RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest  Saturday 25 August 2001  Volume 21 : Issue 62

   FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS (comp.risks)
   ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy, Peter G. Neumann, moderator

***** See last item for further information, disclaimers, caveats, etc. *****
This issue is archived at <URL:http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/21.62.html>
and by anonymous ftp at ftp.sri.com, cd risks .

  Contents:
Oklahoma whistleblower asked to accept felony conviction (Deborah Weisman)
Follow-up on Oklahoma whistleblower (PGN)
Wireless security vulnerabilities (PGN)
AirSnort! (PGN)
Kaiser Permanente (identity withheld by request)
Air Force officer mails confidential information to all cadets (Jim Griffith)
Re: Avoiding prosecution of the DMCA (David Petrou, Fred Cohen)
Re: Why I don't publish my HDCP results (Bill Weitze, David Gillett)
Re: rot13 (Mike Perry)
Hack the vote? Not in Broward County! (James Paul)
Re: Runway incursions (Bill Hopkins)
Code Red 9? Code Crimson (Alistair McDonald)
AT&T - the computer MUST be right! (Sharon Mech)
Re: DejaGoogle rides again (Geoffrey Leeming)
Re: Risks of automated junk/spam filters (AlphaLau)
Yet another MS Hotmail risk (Kimmo)
REVIEW: "SSL and TLS", Eric Rescorla (Rob Slade)
Dependable Systems and Networks DSN-2002 Call for Contributions (Anup Ghosh)
Abridged info on RISKS (comp.risks)