[risks] Risks Digest 21.72

Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 09:58:10 PST

RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest  Tuesday 30 October 2001  Volume 21 : Issue 72

   FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS (comp.risks)
   ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy, Peter G. Neumann, moderator

***** See last item for further information, disclaimers, caveats, etc. *****
This issue is archived at <URL:http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/21.72.html>
and by anonymous ftp at ftp.sri.com, cd risks .

  Contents:
TD Bank Canada system crash (Richard Akerman)
ANOTHER SRI-wide Power Outage (PGN)
ACT Election Electronic Voting (Josh Polette)
Project Liberty (Jay R. Ashworth)
Re: Are spammers getting sneakier? (Crispin Cowan)
Re: Are spammers getting sneakier? - Yes, they are (Greg Searle)
USPS correction (Ken)
NSF Trusted Computing program (Carl E. Landwehr)
REVIEW: "Malicious Mobile Code", Roger A. Grimes (Rob Slade)
Abridged info on RISKS (comp.risks)