[risks] Risks Digest 22.01

Date: Sun Mar 31 2002 - 20:38:40 PST

RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest  Monday 1 April 2002  Volume 22 : Issue 01

   FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS (comp.risks)
   ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy, Peter G. Neumann, moderator

***** See last item for further information, disclaimers, caveats, etc. *****
This issue is archived at <URL:http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/22.01.html>
and by anonymous ftp at ftp.sri.com, cd risks .

  Contents: [This issue includes two old items, primarily for the archives.]
ATF Takes Responsibility for Federal Software Policy Enforcement
  (ATFS Director)
REVIEW: "Hacking for Dummies", Bill Murray III/Gene Spafford (Rob Slade)
Computers to Cars (unknown source via PGN)
Surprise Settlement Evenly Splits Microsoft (unknown source via Gene Spafford)
Big security leak in Internet s*xshop (Paul van Keep)
Web site leaks customers address, offers extra discounts (Ron Gut)
Hackers find new way to bilk eBay users (Monty Solomon)
BT is publishing confidential ex-directory telephone numbers (Clive Jones)
Risks of using anti-spam blacklists (Eric Murray)
The smart highway (Raphael Lewis via Monty Solomon)
E-mail subscriptions, windows 2000 patches and photocopiers (Alistair McDonald)
Re: Out with pilots, in with pibots (Robert Woodhead)
Abridged info on RISKS (comp.risks)