[risks] Risks Digest 22.91

Date: Thu Sep 18 2003 - 17:08:05 PDT

RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest  Thurs 18 September 2003  Volume 22 : Issue 91

   FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS (comp.risks)
   ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy, Peter G. Neumann, moderator

***** See last item for further information, disclaimers, caveats, etc. *****
This issue is archived at http://www.risks.org as
  http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/22.91.html
The current issue can be found at
  http://www.csl.sri.com/users/risko/risks.txt

  Contents:
VeriSign's Site Finder profits from typos (NewsScan)
VeriSign change to .com/.net behavior (Matt Larson via Monty Solomon)
VeriSign DNS change broke my HP printer (John Leyden via Lindsay Marshall)
London blackout caused by incorrect relay fitting (Phil Thornley)
Lockheed Martin accident with satellite (Gerrit Muller, Craig S. Bell)
E-Voting Audit Ready for Public (Kim Zetter via Monty Solomon)
Instant message: you're under arrest (NewsScan)
Yahoo requests ATM card pin nos.!! (Chris J. Brady)
Utterly amazing spam/scam? (Drew Dean)
How to Steal $65 Billion: Why Identity Theft is a Growth Industry
  (Robert X. Cringely via Dave Farber)
Dave Barry column results in denials of service to telemarketers (Max)
Cehck tihs out! (Jim Schindler)
Call for papers: IWIA 2004 (Stephen D.B. Wolthusen)
REVIEW: "Desktop Witness", Michael A. Caloyannides (Rob Slade)
Abridged info on RISKS (comp.risks)