[RISKS] Risks Digest 23.65

Date: Tue Jan 04 2005 - 16:14:25 PST

RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest  Tuesday 4 January 2005  Volume 23 : Issue 65

ACM FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS (comp.risks)
Peter G. Neumann, moderator, chmn ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy

***** See last item for further information, disclaimers, caveats, etc. *****
This issue is archived at <http://www.risks.org> as
  <http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/23.65.html>
The current issue can be found at
  <http://www.csl.sri.com/users/risko/risks.txt>

  Contents:
Tsunami: natural disaster imminent? (Harry Crowther)
Tsunami warnings and spam (Geoffrey Brent)
New Year's Privacy Resolutions (Bernard Peek)
A deaf Hubble...? (David Lesher)
Missile interceptor doesn't even leave its silo (Vassilis Prevelakis)
Two German projects: Toll and Dole (Debora Weber-Wulff)
The effects of mistaking left- for right-fill (Jan Vorbrüggen)
Ars Team Prime Rib finds fourth-largest prime number ever (Monty Solomon)
Walgreen Overcharges, Reimburses Customers (Monty Solomon)
Thieves take brain remote control (Charles Williams)
Year Zero of Length Zero (Sam'l Bassett)
Re: Cell phones for eavesdropping - finally some public "chatter"
  (Bill Stewart)
Re: RFID'ing babies (Jerry Leichter)
REVIEW: "High Tech Crimes Revealed", Steven Branigan (Rob Slade)
RAID: Recent Advances in Intrusion Detection (Deborah A. Frincke)
30 Joint CS & CE conferences in Las Vegas, 20 Jun 2005 (H.R. Arabnia)
Abridged info on RISKS (comp.risks)