[RISKS] Risks Digest 23.67

Date: Mon Jan 17 2005 - 11:55:03 PST

RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest  Monday 17 January 2005  Volume 23 : Issue 67

ACM FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS (comp.risks)
Peter G. Neumann, moderator, chmn ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy

***** See last item for further information, disclaimers, caveats, etc. *****
This issue is archived at <http://www.risks.org> as
  <http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/23.67.html>
The current issue can be found at
  <http://www.csl.sri.com/users/risko/risks.txt>

  Contents:
Loss of data from Huygens Probe (John Murrell)
130 most common bugs -- and counting (Peter Ludemann)
Cellery worm plays games with victims (NewsScan)
Hollywood Sign Security (Bruce Schneier)
Problems with Chicago-area toll road transponders (jhhaynes)
GPS used to arrest snowplow driver (David Tarabar)
Re: A Comedy of Errors (Rex Black)
Yet another route map software problem (Nick Brown)
MapPoint explains Vikings? (Adam Shostack)
Re: Risks of lenient parsing (Doug McIlroy, Walter Roberson,
  Roger Burton West, Jonathan Kamens, Russell Smiley, Sander Tekelenburg)
Copyright and reverse engineering (Rob Slade)
Re: High Tech Crimes Revealed" (Steven Branigan)
Re: A Kafka day at the Los Angeles traffic ticket office (Paul Robinson)
Abridged info on RISKS (comp.risks)