[RISKS] Risks Digest 23.69

Date: Tue Feb 01 2005 - 14:01:30 PST

RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest  Tuesday 1 February 2005  Volume 23 : Issue 69

ACM FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS (comp.risks)
Peter G. Neumann, moderator, chmn ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy

***** See last item for further information, disclaimers, caveats, etc. *****
This issue is archived at <http://www.risks.org> as
  <http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/23.69.html>
The current issue can be found at
  <http://www.csl.sri.com/users/risko/risks.txt>

  Contents:
'Thief-proof' car key cracked. What, already? (Chris Leeson)
Incredible Hulk No-Coaster (Frank Carey)
Tiger triggers the car window? (Wendell Cochran)
Search engine risks (Marcos H. Woehrmann)
German Toll Collect - an exercise in Graph Theory (Debora Weber-Wulff)
It's a feature, not a bug! The saga of the German dole continues
  (Debora Weber-Wulff)
Oops: 'Can Spam Act' seems to be no-can-do (NewsScan)
The joys of auto-complete (Thom Kuhn)
Panix.com domain name hijacking (Cyrus R Eyster)
Are *you* on a list of aggressive drivers?  You could be, if I say so!
  (Dawn Cohen)
Most identity theft occurs offline (NewsScan)
Grocery store robot scanner a royal pain (Mark Rockman)
American Express or Phishing? (John Pettitt)
Re: HTTPS .ne. secure (Robert Ellis Smith)
'Hot' URLs in e-mail (Jay R. Ashworth)
REVIEW: "Open Source Security Tools", Tony Howlett (Rob Slade)
Abridged info on RISKS (comp.risks)