[RISKS] Risks Digest 23.71

Date: Sat Feb 12 2005 - 21:02:33 PST

RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest  Saturday 12 February 2005  Volume 23 : Issue 71

ACM FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS (comp.risks)
Peter G. Neumann, moderator, chmn ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy

***** See last item for further information, disclaimers, caveats, etc. *****
This issue is archived at <http://www.risks.org> as
  <http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/23.71.html>
The current issue can be found at
  <http://www.csl.sri.com/users/risko/risks.txt>

  Contents:
Australian Frigate reversed onto rocks by computer override (Anton Lak)
More uses of satnav/GPS (David Magda)
Urology medical student residency "matching" process failure
  (Daniel Kahn Gillmor)
Congressman Ron Paul R-TX Understands Risks and Countermeasures (Larry Sudduth)
Flexibility destroys identity uniqueness: Implementing of IDN (Jon Lingard)
Exploding cell phone shocks 911 dispatcher (Keith A Rhodes)
RFID Tagging Elementary School Children (Peter H. Coffin)
The risk of high-speed CD/DVD-rom drives in current-day PCs (Henk Langeveld)
You type Zuerich and I type Zurich...  A brief note (David G. Bell)
Another MS Word info leak (Richard Akerman)
High Risk Vulnerabilities in Eudora for Windows (NGSSoftware via Monty Solomon)
Re: U of Calgary adding spam and spyware (Hendrik, Matthew Holmes)
Re: Food via inkjet printer (Brian Reynolds)
Minireview: Bill Neugent, No Outward Sign (PGN)
REVIEW: "A History of Computing Technology", Michael R. Williams (Rob Slade)
Abridged info on RISKS (comp.risks)