[RISKS] Risks Digest 23.81

Date: Mon Mar 28 2005 - 12:16:58 PST

RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest  Monday 28 March 2005  Volume 23 : Issue 81

ACM FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS (comp.risks)
Peter G. Neumann, moderator, chmn ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy

***** See last item for further information, disclaimers, caveats, etc. *****
This issue is archived at <http://www.risks.org> as
  <http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/23.81.html>
The current issue can be found at
  <http://www.csl.sri.com/users/risko/risks.txt>

  Contents:
Essex County NJ Jail locking-system failure (Charles Lamb)
Cruise-control failures? (Robert Scheidt)
TSA Finds Data On Air Passengers Lacked Protection (Amy Schatz via
  Richard M. Smith)
RSA Finds More Flaws in RFID (Stephen D. Poe via Dave Farber)
Sumitomo cyberattack (Tom Van Vleck)
Clinical Healthcare IT, 'error', and safety (Richard Cook)
Human error and computerized medical systems (Don Norman)
Why IE is insecure: flawed logical thinking... (Craig DeForest)
Re: Risks of long and short URLs (D.F. Manno)
Risky US Bank Visa product (John Meissen)
Important PITAC Cybersecurity report released (Gene Spafford)
EEPI - Electronic Entertainment Policy Initiative (Lauren Weinstein)

Abridged info on RISKS (comp.risks)