[RISKS] Risks Digest 23.91

Date: Wed Jun 22 2005 - 10:27:18 PDT

RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest  Wednesday 22 June 2005  Volume 23 : Issue 91

ACM FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS (comp.risks)
Peter G. Neumann, moderator, chmn ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy

***** See last item for further information, disclaimers, caveats, etc. *****
This issue is archived at <http://www.risks.org> as
  <http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/23.91.html>
The current issue can be found at
  <http://www.csl.sri.com/users/risko/risks.txt>

  Contents: [Seasonal Slowdown in effect]
New Zealand Outage Shut Down Stock Exchange (Marcus H. Sachs)
First no more air maps, next no more road maps? (Dan Jacobson)
TSA kept passenger information it promised not to (PGN)
Libraries Say Yes, Officials Do Quiz Them About Users (Eric Lichtblau from
   Richard Forno via Dave Farber)
SOFTWARE 2015 (Jim Horning)
US e-government risks (Al Macintyre)
Asian Hackers Blamed for Attacks On U.K., U.S. Computer Networks
  (Cassell Bryan-Low)
CardSystems' noncompliant practice compromises credit information (Eric Dash
  via Monty Solomon)
CardSystems' Systems (Al Macintyre)
Hacker accesses files at Equifax (Bob Heuman)
Cell Phones Now Playing Role of Wallet (Bruce Meyerson via Monty Solomon)
SIM Cards with GPRS (Darryl Smith)
New 'Heathrow Connect' Trains - do not want to go to Heathrow! (S Byers)
Re: Plane diverts after erroneous hijack alert (Dan Jacobson)
REVIEW: "Brute Force", Matt Curtin (Rob Slade)
Abridged info on RISKS (comp.risks)