[RISKS] Risks Digest 23.96

Date: Tue Aug 02 2005 - 16:02:57 PDT

RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest  Tuesday 2 August 2005  Volume 23 : Issue 96

ACM FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS (comp.risks)
Peter G. Neumann, moderator, chmn ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy

***** See last item for further information, disclaimers, caveats, etc. *****
This issue is archived at <http://www.risks.org> as
  <http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/23.96.html>
The current issue can be found at
  <http://www.csl.sri.com/users/risko/risks.txt>

  Contents:
20th Anniversary of RISKS! (PGN)
Bogus EAS Alerts in Florida, Nevada (Kevin Poulsen)
Electronic voting -- oops (Richard Schroeppel)
Timezones and appointments (Nick Rothwell)
Re: Partisan e-mail censorship as spam filtering (Craig A. Finseth)
Re: Embedded Systems vs Us (Michael Kohne, Jay R. Ashworth)
Re: Too many features in medical device (Russell N. Sheptak)
Abridged info on RISKS (comp.risks)